Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Transitory Amusements

Here I am, blogging again, and it's only taken me a week (or so). I'm sitting in Bongo Java Roasting Company, working on various computer-based activities and listening to U2 on Pandora. Transitions went off decently on Sunday, though those stubborn buggers wouldn't just break down and cry, damn it! Jessi did a little, but that was it. I even (mostly) held it together when I read them the rededication portion, with the roses and everything. Lisa followed them around with a camera the entire time, which made it harder for them to be all sappy, because they were making goofy faces at her the entire time. Claire and Jessi are way obsessed with Lisa. It's cute. Luckily, the pictures came out beautifully. This one's my favorite:

That's during their first stop, Play. We didn't actually fill the pool with water, so they should be grateful. And if we're going for strange, this one's pretty great:

While Claire and Marguerite hug, Danielle is actually smelling Claire's hair. And some mystery hands are wrapped around Danielle's waist. It's the Dani-and-someone hair-smelling monster! Bizarre. And then, of course, there's the series of weird Claire faces (made at Lisa, of course):


What can I say? She's a charmer, folks! I hope the good folks of Iowa are ready for her. She'll be taking Grinnell by storm come fall. Jessi will luckily be a bit closer to me, at Dartmouth. I've already offered up my services as chauffeur so that she can go see the BF at Brown. Then I have an excuse to go see Lexi and Katelet! And quality time in the car to hear about life in the Iveys. It's a win-win.

In other news, my house is still being taken over by workmen trying to make it pretty to sell. Hence I am hiding in various coffeeshops around Nashville. Hopefully it'll be all ready to go within the week, and then we'll sell the sucker. And then...to Massachusetts we shall go! Whoo! Yeah, I'm not excited. At all. Clearly.

No comments: